Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Car Seats

So yea!  My cousin Mike and his lovely wife Lisa just welcomed their first baby, Lyla into the world yesterday (yes, that's the little munchkin in the photo).  Even though she was four weeks early, they were well prepared and had everything already in place for this special day.  It got me to thinking about car baby seats and what a monumental decision that is in choosing something that you are entrusting your child's life to.  So I went to the handy-dandy Consumer Reports website and I am linking a recent article they did on Convertible Car Seats.  In reading the article, I was shocked to see that car accidents are the leading cause of deaths in children under the age of 14.  However, car seats can reduce the chance of fatalities in infants by 71%.  That is huge!!!! So don't let your child be a statistic.  If you are in the enviable position of expecting a little bundle of joy, take the time to research your choices and choose a car seat that will keep your baby well protected. And let me just say.. great job Lisa and Mike!  She is beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment